Income from government programs

2020-21 OSAP Application for Full-time Students

What to report:

  • Employment Insurance
  • Loss of Earnings Benefits (WSIB)
  • Ontario Disability Support Program
  • Ontario Works
  • Canada Pension Plan (Disability Benefits, Orphans' Benefits, Survivors' Benefits, Disabled Contributors' Child's Benefits)
  • Second Career
  • Canada-Ontario Job Grant
  • Other (for example, Social Assistance or Disability Benefits from another province in Canada, Resettlement Assistance Program funding, funding from Sports Canada, Quest for Gold or other Athletic Training Programs, Veteran Affairs Canada - Education and Training Benefit, Canadian Armed Forces Education Benefits, etc.)

If you are receiving a Canada Apprenticeship Loan for your current study period, you are not eligible to apply for OSAP funding

What not to report:

  • Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs), Canada Education Savings Grant (CESG) or Canada Learning Bond (CLB)
  • Postsecondary Student Support Program (PSSSP)
  • Indigenous Services Canada (previously known as INAC) funding
  • Canada Child Benefit (CCB)
  • Ontario Child Benefit (OCB)
  • Child support (report under "other income received during your study period")
  • Ontario Trillium Benefit
  • GST/HST credit
  • Continued Care and Support for Youth (allowance from your Children's Aid Society or Child and Family Services Agency)
  • Veteran Affairs Disability Benefits
  • Criminal Injuries Compensation Board funding (victims of violent crimes)
  • Canada Emergency Response Benefit or the Canada Emergency Student Benefit (report under "other income received during your study period")