Note: This definition is specific to the OSAP Application for Full-Time Students.
You are considered a dependent student if none of the following applies to you:
- You are married.
- You are in a common-law relationship.
- You are a sole-support parent.
- You are separated, divorced, or widowed, AND have NO dependent children living with you.
- You have not been a full-time student at a high school or postsecondary institution for at least 12 consecutive months on 2 or more occasions.
- You have been out of high school for at least 4 years before the start of your study period.