Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) Program
Students in science and technology at the master’s and doctoral levels can apply for a merit-based scholarship through the Queen Elizabeth II Graduate Scholarship in Science and Technology (QEII-GSST) Program.
Each award is jointly funded by the Province of Ontario (two thirds) and the school offering the award (one third).
How much can I get
QEII-GSST awards are based on the number of your consecutive terms of studies within an academic year:
- $10,000 for 2 consecutive study terms
- $15,000 for 3 consecutive study terms
Each award is issued for:
- a minimum of 1 academic year (2 or 3 consecutive academic terms)
- a maximum of 2 years (up to 6 consecutive academic terms)
Lifetime award maximums
The QEII-GSST award maximums are:
- Master’s students: 2 academic years
- Doctoral students: 4 academic years
- Lifetime maximum (all students): 6 academic years
Who is eligible
QEII-GSST is a merit-based scholarship. Your application is assessed and ranked using criteria determined by the school you’re planning to attend.
To be considered, you must also meet the following criteria:
- You’ll be in graduate studies in the master’s or doctoral level.
- You’ll be enrolled in a full-time program for 2 or more terms (21 to 52 weeks in total) for the academic year you’re submitting your application.
- You’ll be attending one of the following participating Ontario schools:
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Ryerson University
- University of Toronto
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
Use your school’s QEII-GSST application. They are normally available in October.
If you’re applying to more than one graduate program at different schools, submit a QEII-GSST for each school.
Contact the Graduate Studies Office at the school you’re planning to attend for details on their application process.
Application, document and review details for this scholarship vary by school. Check with your school’s Graduate Studies Office for details.
Checking your application status
You’ll be notified by the school if your application was successful.
If you have any questions about your application, contact the Graduate Studies Office at the school you plan to attend.