Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program
Students in graduate studies at the master’s and doctoral levels can apply for a merit-based scholarship through the Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) Program.
Awards are available to graduate students for all disciplines of academic study at participating schools in Ontario.
OGS awards are based on the number of terms of your consecutive studies within an academic year:
- $10,000 for 2 consecutive study terms
- $15,000 for 3 consecutive study terms
Each OGS award is issued for:
- a minimum of 1 academic year (2 or 3 consecutive academic terms)
- a maximum of 2 years (up to 6 consecutive academic terms).
The OGS awards maximums are:
- Master’s students: 2 academic years
- Doctoral students: 4 academic years
- Lifetime limit (all students): 6 academic years
OGS is a merit-based scholarship. Your application is assessed and ranked using criteria determined by the school you’re planning to attend.
To be considered, you must also meet the following criteria:
- You’ll be in graduate studies in the master’s or doctoral level
- You’ll be enrolled in a full-time program for 2 or more terms (21 to 52 weeks in total) for the academic year you’re submitting your application.
- You’ll be attending one of the following participating Ontario school:
- Brock University
- Carleton University
- University of Guelph
- Lakehead University
- Laurentian University
- McMaster University
- Nipissing University
- OCAD University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Ryerson University
- University of Toronto
- Trent University
- University of Waterloo
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
How to Apply
Use your school’s OGS application. They are normally available in October.
If you’re applying to more than one graduate program at different schools, submit an OGS application for each school.
Contact the Graduate Studies Office at the school you’re planning to attend for details on their application process.
Application, document and review details for this scholarship vary by school. Check with your school’s Graduate Studies Office for details.
Checking your application status
You’ll be notified by the school if your application was successful.
If you have any questions about your application, contact the Graduate Studies Office at the school you plan to attend.