Severe Permanent Disability Benefit
Previous postsecondary students with a severe permanent disability and outstanding student loans may be eligible for the Severe Permanent Disability Benefit.
If approved from this benefit, your outstanding student loan balances could be cancelled.
Who is eligible?
This bursary is for those with a severe permanent disability only.
A severe permanent disability:
- prevents you from performing the daily activities necessary to pursue studies at a postsecondary school level and to participate in the labour force; and
- is expected to remain with you for your expected life.
You may be eligible to apply if your severe permanent disability is preventing you from working and/or taking post-secondary studies on a full or part-time basis.
You must also meet the following requirements:
- You reside in Canada
- You have one or more of the following loans in repayment status:
- Canada-Ontario Integrated Student Loans (federal and/or provincial portions)
- Canada Student Loans
- Part-Time Canada Student Loans
- Ontario Student Loans
How to apply
Checking your application status
Contact the National Student Loans Service Centre for information on the status of your application.